last week's adventures

frenchboy told me he was underwhelmed by my post yesterday, so I'm here to appease him and anyone else who actively cares about what happens in my life. I let you all down last week with no selfie-sunday post, I know, please forgive me.

Here's an easily digestible list:

Monday, 9.7 - talked about weird stuff with Hannah, enjoyed Labor Day festivities at Liv's house, said goodbye to my family, got on a plane in Nashville, got stuck in Charlotte, slept on the floor

Tuesday, 9.8 - got back to DC, napped, worked a bit, made a delicious collard greens/sweet potato/coconut milk soup that was a lovely chartreuse color, finished reading Gone Girl (have any of you read that book!? so intense. I need to watch the movie now.)

Wednesday, 9.9 - finally went back to the office after being out for five days (whoops), listened to Oh Wonder all day (couldn't stop dancing), went to DC Bike Party, drank PBRs

Thursday, 9.10 - curated my first internet email to my best friend (maybe one day I'll share the things she and I send to one another), continued dancing at my desk, drank wine with roommates while making dinner

Friday, 9.11 - sent positive thoughts to those affected 14 years ago, did a lot of brainstorming in the office about very exciting things (stay tuned), wil'ed out on the way home in the car with Leyla, drank too many margaritas with my housemates, went to an awkward party (tried to make it not awkward, didn't work)

Saturday, 9.12 - put on a rain coat and went to the farmers market, started preparing for the pot luck, volunteered at the DC State Fair (I worked with the honey judging), ate leftover pie from the competition, listened to the Best Buds judging, helped finish preparing food for pot luck, ate too much, drank too much wine, had a great time celebrating Ilia

Sunday, 9.13 - woke up and cursed the wine consumption, went to Great Falls Park with Alison and Sam for an adventure walk, bought bread and goodies from another farmers market, napped, went to Adams Morgan Day with Leyla, ate delicious Indian food, listened to a trombone/drum ensemble, sprawled in bed and watched some Orange is the New Black

xo, hc

No comments: