last weeks' adventures, three

My goodness, I blinked and two weeks vanished. Which actually isn't true because they were two long, eventful weeks and my eyes were wide open. Despite the self-reflection I've been doing, I'm not quite ready to share my thoughts. So, here's what my calendar looked like as September ended and October began.

Monday, 9.21 - waited to learn the details of grandaddy's funeral, volunteered with pastor ben/snagged a giant bag of produce, sat in a hookah bar and watched monday night football

Tuesday, 9.22 - did a lot of brainstorming at work, made a delicious dinner and apple crisp, discussed how early to leave the house the next day for the airport because of the Pope

Wednesday, 9.23 - rendered my iphone useless, flew to Nashville, hugged papa bear as tight as I could, spent the afternoon surrounded by family/meeting strangers, ate dinner at Ryan's and reminisced on all the times our grandparents took us there, drank six free beers with hannah, laid on my bed laughing at ridiculous jokes

Thursday, 9.24 - celebrated Doug Cather's life all day, tears in my eyes and love on my mind

Friday, 9.25 - flew back to dc at 6 am, went straight to work, came home to olivia and gabi in my home (!!!), ate a delicious mexican dinner, followed g to u street for a rambunctious adventure, left my credit card in a bar

Saturday, 9.26 - realized my credit card was missing, was reminded of the beauty of friendship by our Uber driver on the way to the Landmark Festival, listened to a lot of great music (u.s. royalty, the mowglis, daughter, band of horses, wale, miguel, drake), ventured back to u street for my credit card and pizza

Sunday, 9.27 - headed back to West Potomac for day two of Landmark (lord huron, the suffers, tv on the radio, chromeo, the eagle rock gospel singers, alt+j, chvrches, the strokes), walked to the white house, ventured to the diner

Monday, 9.28 - had four creative meetings, didn't read my personal email/did two loads of laundry/miraculously didn't flood the house because apparently we had a leak and laundry was off-limits, laughed with all my roommates in the kitchen

Tuesday, 9.29 - more creative meetings, started compiling my october playlist, went to dinner with mr. b, cursed the rain, watched the first episode of narcos

Wednesday, 9.30 - went to my first official house show, meet some new friends, listened to some great tunes/loved the song about the mann gulch fire

Thursday, 10.1 - woke happy and greeted the first october morning (this is my favorite month), more meetings and a migraine, napped for ten minutes/drank coffee when i got home and it vanished, spent time asking important questions with my roommates ("are you following your bliss?" "do you know what your bliss is?")

Friday, 10.2 - didn't go to work, replaced my iphone and black jeans, had the most perfect family dinner (+neill) of salad, gnocchi/roasted vegetables, couscous and chocolate cake (and too much booze)

Saturday, 10.3 - lounged. a lot, left the house to grocery shop but otherwise remained pantsless all day, was disappointed by UT's third loss, laughed at the russian man's jokes

Sunday, 10.4 - still pantsless, still happy.

No comments: